Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Ugh, I'm kinda frustrated right now..."


Hello!

Ugh, I'm kinda frustrated right now because this computer has shut down on me twice now and twice I've lost everything I had typed to tell you guys. I really don't have a lot of time left so this is probably gonna be a really short e-mail. I'm sorry!!

Today we had a delicious p-day activity... McDonald's! Woo!! Man, that was tasty. First time in a long time that I've actually been excited to eat my meal. But, it probably wasn't the best idea in the world considering yesterday I was really sick and today I'm still recovering. But, McD's trips are so rare that I can't pass up the opportunity!! And McFlurrys are by far the best ice cream that I've ever had in Peru. I mean, they're good in the States too, but there are better options at home. But here, it's the best there is. SOOO GOOD.

Anyway, yeah, I got sick, again. Yesterday I felt absolutely awful. Today I feel mostly better. But still, I don't know why I'm suddenly getting sick so often. It worries me.

Well, let's see what things happened this week. Really quick!!

Hmm. Well, all of our investigators and everyone in Picsi has been being taught bad things about the Mormons in their churches. Seriously everyone we teach tells us that their pastor has taught them bad things about us! This week we went to visit Felix again. The first time we visited him he told us that he learned a lot of stuff about us at his church years ago. Like, that we worship Joseph Smith, and that we have our own Bible, and we don't believe in the Bible. Psh. This week we went to visit him and another preacher was there visiting with him in his home. But... we taught anyway. The other preacher didn't say anything, he just glared. After we left I assume he taught more bad stuff about us because the next time we visited Felix he had a lot more doubts and wasn't quite as receptive as normal. Ugh. And we went to visit Anita again this week, and she told us that she went to some other church with her parents and the pastor said in his talk that The Book of Mormon is evil and that anyone who has  copy in their house has to get rid of it, and that you shouldn't let the Mormons into your house or talk to them because they're liars and their church is false. Seriously, every church talks so much nonsense about us here!! I think they all feel threatened by us or something. I don't know why, because in Picsi, the Mormon Church is basically one of the smallest churches here. It's only been in Picsi for one year! It’s kinda sad though.

Gah I have like no time to write! And this computer is causing a ton of problems.

Uh, what else...

Well, I interviewed two people for baptism in Chiclayo this week! A man named Wilmer and his eight year old daughter Angie. Both way awesome! Got baptized on Saturday. Wanted to be there, but had to do stuff in Picsi!

Honestly, it hasn't been the most exicting of weeks, so, you're not missing much with my short and rushed e-mail. You know what I realized this week? I was thinking the other day, wow, I haven't used that iPod Mom sent me in a really long time... So, I went to look for it, and I couldn't find it anywhere. I emptied all my bags, every drawer, and looked everywhere, and I don't have it. It's gone. And I'm pretty sure it never even made it with me to Picsi, considering I've never used it or even seen it since I got here. I think it got lost in Chiclayo. But, sadly, I think it got stolen. And, even sadder, I think it got stolen by a missionary, because I never once took that thing out of my room. I couldn't have lost it anywhere else. But yeah, I don't have that iPod anymore. Kinda bummed.

Also the other day I was talking with Elder Charlesworth and we realized that a few years back we went to the same Warped Tour in Salt Lake and we were in all the same crowds and everything. Ha, random.

Had a real fun church activity in Chiclayo too with the members there! Went on a scavenger hunt in the church and all the hints were scriptures. Can't explain much more because there's no time, but, it was one of the better activities I've been to since I've been in Peru! So, that was one of the highlights of the week. Pretty fun.

Sigh, no time left. Not much to tell anyway. Anyway, I gotta go! Sorry about this e-mail. Next week we're gonna try a different internet cafe because every week this one gives us a hard time. The computers always freeze and randomly shut down and go real slow ´n stuff. I didn't get mail this week either so I don't know what's goin' on back in the States, but I should be getting some in the next few days! I miss you guys! Thanks for bein' cool!

See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment