Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Just one more week at the Peru MTC!


Hoy Fam!

Hey guess what? Next week I'll be in Chiclayo!! Not a moment too soon either. This MTC is taking its toll on my mental well-being. If I had to stay much longer I would go completely insane. As of right now I'm only partially insane and I don't think the effects are permanent yet, so if I leave soon I should be good.

Not a whole lot to say about this past week. Last Wednesday was the best mail day ever! I got so much mail I didn't have time to write back to all of you. I wrote eleven letters and they started getting pretty short because I had like no time to write them. I go so much mail that my district was jealous of me for hogging all the mail. Go Team Hemsley! You all rule. If you wrote me like two or three weeks ago, then expect a reply from me in like a week or two. This mail thing isn't super high-speed.

I got a lot of mail today too but I haven't had time to read it all yet because I was at immigration all morning and at the temple until now. Thanks for the birthday wishes though! I haven't read them all but it means a ton! I don't have all the addresses of people who wished me a happy birthday so I can't write back to them all. Can I get those? K thx. I'm super bummed that today was the last time I'll get to go to the temple for the rest of my mission. I never really appreciated the temple that much until last week, and now I'm really, really going to miss it a ton. Last week I just had a super spiritual experience, and this week I did as well. I wanna go back! Anywayz, the temple kind of rules.

The other night I was talking to Elder O'Niel, who was in my district my first three weeks here (by the way, that district was sorta kinda a lot better than my current one) and we found out that we think we were in the same Mission Prep class last Fall. So that's kinda weird mixed with a little bit of awesome. We decided it was probably for the best that we didn't become friends because our GPAs probably would have dropped a whole number. Haha. I can't wait to get back to school! Espesh after meeting all these other people in these MTCs who are also going there. And especially because Hunter will be there!!! Hunter being there automatically makes school 57 times more fun. So stoked! And Bryn too. Bryn, I know you don't wanna go there, but you're totally going. Jus' saying. And you're gonna love it. And you're also gonna get arrested for throwing snowballs.

Uh, thanks for keepíng me updated with random facts about my friends! Haha. Toffer got an internship at Disneyworld?! That's the coolest thing ever!! Heads up to everyone, my mother is spying on you for me via my Facebook, so nothing you do can be kept secret from me. Nothing.

So... Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm going to be twenty freaking years old. TWENTY. Like... two decades. Whoa. So since I'm turning 20 that means I only have one year left of my mission, right? Because I was always under the impression that when I turned 21 I was immediately going home. Pretty sure that's happening. Pretty sure. Also that means on Friday the new Angels & Airwaves album was supposedly supposed to be released. But who knows because based on Tom DeLonge's track record it probably won't be out until after I get home. Didja know that three of my top four favorite bands have all released albums since I've been on my mission? How no fair is that? Super no fair is how no far. Speaking of that, someone should write me and tell me if the Blinkumentary ever came out. I was supposed to be watching that in Summer of 2010. And while I'm having people update me on random things, there's something else I really have to know... Did they really change Obi-wan's Krayt Dragon scream to that super ridiculous/hilarious scream in the bluray version of A New Hope?? I can't wait two years to find out that that's real. Somebody must tell me. It's still funny to me in my brain.

Okay, that was mega off topic. Wanna get an idea of what Lima is like? Okay, picture in your mind the sound of a car alarm going off... now picture like three or four car alarms going off at the same time, and maybe an ambulance or fire truck siren going off too... That's what Lima sounds like all the time. Well... more like 99% of the time, and right now is that 1% when I can't hear that. But yeah, it's sorta ridic.

I don't even know what else to say!! Since I've been here I've been stung by a bee and bitten by a mosquito. I'm pretty sure every single bug here automatically kills you when it stings/bites you, so I'm double dead. I am so going to die before I get home. So sorry, I'll never see any of you ever again. Maybe.

Hey, check out this other video. I saw it in Provo and I really like it a whole lot. I'm mainly showing this to you for Sam, because he just got the Aaronic Priesthood. It's a story from Jeffrey R. Holland (who is basically my favorite speaker of all time) about a boy who realized he had to use his priesthood for the first time ever when another boy got struck by lightning at a football practice. Word on the street is Sam sorta likes football so this is double for him:



That story really got to me when I first saw it. Sam, I know you only got the Aaronic Priesthood, but you're being prepared for something much greater. I never fully understood or appreciated the priesthood power I held until... I don't even know when. Recently. You have an amazing gift, and you're going to be able to use it to change lives. Don't ever forget that! It was through the Aaronic Priesthood that I was able to baptize you, and that was one of the most special experiences I've ever had. The Priesthood is one of the greatest blessings we have on this earth, and I'm super proud of you for being worthy to receive it. I miss you tons little bro. Always remember how special it is that you hold the Holy Priesthood of God. Hope you like the vid too.

Well, I'm not sure what else to say. I was told that I was 1.82 meters tall today. 1.82... Seriously every single thing, including Preach My Gospel, is sending me subliminal messages about blink-182. Someday I will once again get to listen to that beautiful music. Also, I need like infinity more yellow highlighters. I've burned through both the ones you gave me, and I'm showing no signs of slowing down. Could you send more refills to Chiclayo?... like... a LOT more.

Alright, I guess that's it for this week. I'm almost there. I'm so ready to get out there and start doing real missionary work!! I am so incredibly excited it's ridiculous. Please keep me in your prayers because this is the scariest thing I've ever done in my life!... and that was an intentional Angels & Airwaves reference... anyway, clearly I'm slipping into madness at this point. This e-mail has been all over the place. You're all always in my thoughts and in my prayers. Friends and family. You mean the world to me and I hope I'm able to bless your lives in one way or another. I love you all so much!!

Okay bye, I'm gonna go bullseye some womprats in my T-16.

-Elder Hemsley

No comments:

Post a Comment